Monday, December 5, 2016

Happy December!

Hope you're all well and enjoying December so far!
Over on Instagram, I've been posting an illustration a day and hope to continue to do so for all of the days leading up to Christmas. I noticed a wonderful post by Penny Neville Lee who started the #illo_advent and was inspired. I'm not sure if I'll make all of the days, but so far, I've been enjoying it and have successfully posted for four days in a row. :)

I wanted to give myself a prompt that would tie each piece together and so I came up with trying to do 25 of the USA's fifty states, starting with Alabama. I searched online for the states' symbols and as I always gravitate to animals, was happy to find Alabama's State mammal, the black bear! I then decided to add something that he could "do" - and so I thought about things that I would hope that we all could wish for or try to do this holiday season, or the year ahead..and the word CULTIVATE came up. Perfect..I'll try to cultivate things for each post.

So here are the first four and I hope that you all have happy, healthy days ahead. If you're inclined, please do join along..and you can post the hashtag #illo_advent along with it wherever you post (Facebook, Twitter, IG).

If you're on Twitter or IG, I'm @shirleysillos I look forward to seeing you out there sharing your wonderful work!

Shirley
Alabama's Black Bear, blackberries and Northern Flicker

Alaska's Moose & King Salmon

Arizona's Ringtail and Cactus Wren

Arkansas' White-tailed Deer

7 comments:

  1. Hello dear Shirley. .such gorgeous paintings. Merry Christmas to you and your's xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying each and every one! The blues and browns are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah! Beautiful! And adorable. I love your critters. Wow, four days in a row! That's very impressive, seeing as I have trouble posting even weekly. Go, Shirley, go! Woohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I hope you and your family have a peaceful, loving, and wonderful holiday season, too! I'll be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed with you!!!!! Big hugs to you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea, and of course your paintings are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only found your blog today and I am already a huge fan of your art! I wish you all the best in 2017, and always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only found your blog today and I am already a huge fan of your art! I wish you all the best in 2017, and always! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback! You rock! Thanks for your words...