Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hello and many THANK YOU's! : )

Hi Everyone! I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your week so far! I wanted to post my heartfelt thank you's as I've been very tardy at posting.

Thank you to Salli Swindell and Nate Padavick for showcasing my group blog www.welovetoillustrate.com (fabulous artists: Jennifer Bell, Julissa Mora, Nina Seven, Cally Johnson-Isaacs, and Belinda Strong (Bee)) in an article in Where Women Cook magazine. Salli has been such a fabulous advocate for our group, as well as all creative people through her wonderful site, TheyDrawandCook.com and I just have to say that her generosity and warmth has been incredible. Thank you so much Salli..you are a gem!
Here's a link to the magazine which is now on the stands and available at Barnes & Noble. (Click on the link to page 90 (it's not really 90 pages) but keep watching the page numbers go up.)
For me, this is a first, and a thrill and my kids thought I was pretty cool for a mom. : ) 

Thank you to Michele G. Katz (MIT) for your kind award! I am so happy to receive this and if you all do not know of Mit's warm and often-times hilarious creations, please do visit her here!

Thank you to all of YOU out there, for your kind and generous support of my card design recently. I couldn't have made it this far without you..so thank you for taking the time out of your day to vote! A quick update..the final round of voting for designs that are chosen starts on 9/21. I don't know if I'll be in the running but I will keep you posted. : )

Peace over the City by the Bay

As for what's currently on my plate..working on a few new pieces for an upcoming portfolio review at an SCBWI event in San Francisco...so excited, but nervous!

And if you're shopping for business card/postcard printers..I have a recommendation! : )
I recently printed up some new business cards and postcards from PSPrint.com and have been so happy with the print quality! If you don't know about them, they also send a free sample pack of their paper stock and available items...which is wonderful when you have no idea what "Acqueous coating, 13 pt. vs. 14 pt. cover, UV coating vs. non-UV coating, etc. and such feels and looks like.  I highly recommend them. I also tried Moo.com for business cards and was fairly happy with the outcome...I must admit, I should try harder with calibrating my computer before sending in final files for print. I always seem to oversaturate my images. I thought I'd share as I've been consistently pleased with PSPrint.com which is such a nice thing to be able to say (to count on quality, shipping and pricing project after project).

Thanks so much for visiting!! I truly appreciate all of your kind comments and your visits here. Hope you are well and I wish you a happy Fall coming up (it starts this weekend!)..my favorite season. ~ Shirley

8 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to see all your work Shirley,no wonder your kids think you are a cool Mum, I think you rock! Fingers crossed for you in the voting, in my eyes you are a winner anyway. Good to see you are busy,
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the conference, you'll do great! And congrats on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!!!! Congratulations Shirley! How wonderful. Looks like you are just busy, busy, busy! I so wish that I could be at that conference too. You're portfolio will be great. Always nice to hear when someone is happy with a printer. I tend to over-saturate my images too. Funny, I was considering Moo.com for some cards too. Great minds think alike I guess ;)
    I'm with you on the happy for fall too. :)

    By the way, I loved seeing the picture of you in the magazine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I'm so very happy for you, too. I would love to get the magazine...I'm a big fan! I love all of your art and your sweet characters! Kudos to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Congrats, Shirley! Your work is awesome, so no surprise there. LOL. Wish you all the best, my friend. OXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirley! So glad you have so many things going on, and I agree with everyone who says you are awesome and deserve it. :D With no new illustration in your post I stared at your header for a while. Is it new? Your teeny bears are the cutest bears around, and teeny bear with bunny is the cutest of all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some really cute pictures for postcard ideas. So I was wondering is it possible to print postcards from your website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you may not print postcards from this blog, or website. All images shown are ©Shirley Ng-Benitez and are reserved to me. Please do not sell, use, or distribute any images here. Thank you.

      Delete

Feedback! You rock! Thanks for your words...