Sunday, May 11, 2014

334 My mom made THE BEST Strawberry pies from scratch...

...and she taught me how to make the perfect pie crust trim by using two knuckles from both hands and rotating the crust to create the zig-zag mark. I still think of it as pure magic. It's one of the many gifts she gave me and I consider myself one very very blessed person to have a mom who loved me, my brothers and my dad SO very much. I miss you mom, it's been 3 years but it's just as though it was yesterday that I called you up to say hi and hear your voice. Thank you mom, for filling up my heart with so much love.

I feel doubly blessed to be a mom to two amazing daughters who bring me an abundance of happiness and joy. Wishing my sister-in-laws, mother-in-law, my dear friends who are awesome moms, grandmothers, mothers-to-be, moms past and present, a very happy day today...we celebrate you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Shirley! What a lovely illustration of a special time with your mama!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback! You rock! Thanks for your words...