Wednesday, November 6, 2013

149 Sketchin' from a photo...

I had great fun sketching this from my phone this morning and decided to finish it up for my "backgrounds" post today. I always try not to sketch from a photo, but googling "New York Storefronts" this morning, this wonderful photo came up and I just started sketching. How can you not just love the look of this bakery?!
Anyway, I decided to learn a little more about the bakery, and unfortunately, it is no longer in business..(or maybe it's a different business now?). Click here for an interesting read about what happened to the original Vesuvio Bakery, a SOHO favorite spot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirley, great store front and story. I was intrigued so I did a Google Map search of the address, and according to Street View image dated 2011... it is there still!
    or maybe it has since changed hands :(

    But for a while more, it exists in Google :)
    http://goo.gl/maps/JQ7CL

    It reminds me of the way our local high street used to look with rows of independent shops... now all typical chain stores with 'same wherever they are' style fronts.

    Lovely sketch. maybe you could immortalise the shop in a book.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback! You rock! Thanks for your words...