Thursday, June 18, 2009

Loose Watercolors just for fun!





After painting the Unfold watercolor version, I wanted to "loosen up" and try something different - some ink on watercolor paper, then washes. I'm having fun with this! Does anyone have a favorite pen, or ink that they like to use on watercolor paper? I'm using a Pigma Micron 03 (Archival ink) which seems to hold and doesn't run...but I'm wondering if it's the right way to go...

by the way, my family and I just saw "UP" last night - and I must say, what a lovely, inspired, amazing film that was. Not only amazing animation, but the story and character development was fantastic...I am a HUGE Pixar fan. : )

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley, These illustrations are really lovely. Thanks for your comment in my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! super uber cute wee animals - love the calico cat - my sissy cat is gettin a bit round herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to take these little guys home —they are super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback! You rock! Thanks for your words...